Which is better? What’s your review of these external hard drive enclosures.
I’ve been told I need to stop using writable USB flash drives, CDs or DVDs to back up my PC data storage and archiving on my computer.
People are constantly downloading music, videos, files, and various programs on a daily basis and this is why it is crucial that you find the best external hard drive enclosures on the market today.
Here we will review some of the best external hard drive enclosures for 2013. It will help you saving time and find the most suitable external hard drive enclosures! Enjoy shopping!
Best Price External Hard Drive Enclosures
My Passport offers up to 1 TB capacity in an amazingly small enclosure. It features ultra-fast USB 3.0 connectivity; compatibility with USB 2.
- “Highly recommend this product works great and is a fairly small compact size.” – Andrew Stuckwisch
- “This drive is great not only to keep multimedia files, but also for storing documents in digital form, because it saves space.” – Techie
- “The Western Digital My Passport 1TB external hard drive is fantastic!” – Lyssa Seefeldt
Universal Hdd Upgrade Kit F/ All Notebook Computers Pata & Sata
- “Come on here and leave a review so someone else might benefit from this great product.” – Steven R. Smith
- “I upgraded my 80G hard drive in my laptop to a 500G drive – I used this Apricorn EZ upgrade kit and it worked like a charm.” – Ganesh Ramamoorthy
- “The first time I tried to clone the drive, I installed the software from CD, and then ran it from Windows, using the default options.” – Ed C.
With a Super Speed USB 3.0 connection you can now upgrade your notebook hard drive in just 10% of the usual time.EZ Upgrade makes upgrading your notebook hard drive as easy at 1-2-3.
- “This kit also includes easy to use upgrade software to clone (copy) the contents of your old hard drive over to the new one.” – Inspektor Gadget
- “I followed the directions that CAME WITH the Apricorn EZ upgrade and had absolutely no problems.” – B. White
- “I cloned the drive through Windows and it worked perfectly.” – J. Cossio
The SATDOCK4U3E eSATA and USB 3.0 4-Bay SATA Hard Drive Docking Station is a convenient, time-saving storage solution for 2.5-inch and 3.
- “Set up was very easy and straight foward and the drive bay is easy to operate and fast!The bay is a little noisey but its fan works great and has adjustable speed.” – B. G. Gates
- “Love that it keeps the hard drive cool with the fan.” – lapager
- “I highly recommend Startech and plan to keep buying their units.” – Michael P Hart
2.5″ SATA to USB 3.0 & eSATA External Hard Drive Enclosure (Supports 7mm, 9.
- “Speeds are great both USB 3.0 and eSATA.” – Pete
- “The drive slides into the inside connectors on the PCB board and is secured by 4 screws (supplied) on the bottom.” – R. Meier
- “Regardless, avoid this model and get something else.” – M. Scott
- “It works with my USB 3.0 and with my 2.0 USBs too.” – Bruce I. Bennett
- “Sleek looking and I like the blue light in the front.” – Skiter
- “The chassis is a very strong and solid aluminum.” – Thomas C
Vantec introduces the NexStar® CX 2.5″ SuperSpeed USB 3.0 External Hard Drive Enclosure, ideal for anyone in need of storing and transferring large amounts of data.
- “I use several Vantecs and they are very nice and all work very well.” – danleep11
- “3.0 USB transfer is fast!!!” – Naattik
- “After two tries I bought another brand and returned the second one.” – C. Cawood
The IDE3510U2 USB IDE Hard Drive Enclosure provides cost-effective external storage, letting you connect a 3.5in IDE hard drive to a computer through USB 2.
- “Very well made product and works as advertised.” – J. Hall
- “I would recommend it to anyone that wants to keep an old hard drive.” – Randolph L. Kohal
- “This allows me to retrieve the information easily and safely.” – Dan Reid
The LaCie 4big Quadra is the most complete 4-bay RAID solution for professionals who demand exceptional performance from a storage device. Offering up to 6TB of capacity and amazing bandwidth speeds through eSATA 3Gbits and FireWire 800, it also features FireWire 400 and Hi-Speed USB2.
- “After about 2 months, it died.” – Grover
- “This unit is compact, quiet, and really good looking.” – Blake
- “And I’m really not writing this as a whiny complaint about an unfavorable support outcome.” – tamjm
Elegant design 2.5″ SATA External Enclosure. Super slim design with the thickness of 12mm only.
- “The enclosure is design like a drawer, to install the drive you must loosen the screw and slide the metal part back.” – G. Lai
- “Nice and sleek.” – Hong Kin Pun
- “Get a better one (even if slightly more money).” – S. Starinski
Suggestions of the Best external hard drive enclosures
Do you have any external hard drive enclosures suggestions that you think external hard drive enclosures would love or any feedback on the suggestions in this page? Please feel free to add a comment below.