Best External Hard Drives for MacBook Pro

´╗┐There are so many brands offering external hard drives for macbook pro, and some brands even are known to all. Even though, we still find it is a great problem to choose one we can get satisfied with.

And as is known, the external hard drives for macbook pro always come in varieties, which makes how to choose the most suitable one is time-wasting and energy-consuming.

Do not worry. We have made a list of all the most recommended external hard drives for macbook pro for you to choose from. Below is the list. Good luck.

Best Quality External Hard Drives for MacBook Pro

Seagate Backup Plus 1 TB USB 3.0 Portable External Hard Drive STBU1000100  (Black)
Seagate

The Seagate Backup Plus portable external hard drive simplifies backup for consumers who want to protect their entire digital life locally, in the cloud or from social networks.

Product Reviews
  • “It is a great product, and VERY easy to use.” – Barbara
  • “If I ever need to buy another one it would be the same one.” – Kenneth Lind
  • “It comes with a backup software which is easy to use.” – Sonata

WD My Passport for Mac 1TB Portable External Hard Drive Storage USB 3.0 (WDBLUZ0010BSL-NESN)
Western Digital

My Passport for Mac features an ultra-fast USB 3.0 interface for blazing fast transfer rates. This sleek, portable drive is compatible with Apple Time Machine and is an ideal companion to your MacBook or MacBook Air.

Consumer Reports
  • “Works great with my apple items and is very easy to use and set-up to my base station as well.” – Joshua Saenz
  • “Will be buying one for my husband.” – Discerning Mom
  • “If you’re a Mac user, this drive comes formatted in HFS, so it’ll work for your right out of the box, no problems.” – maxmasa31

Seagate Backup Plus 1 TB USB 3.0 Portable External Hard Drive for Mac (STBW1000900)
Seagate

The Seagate Backup Plus for Mac portable drive simplifies backup for consumers who want to protect their entire digital life locally or on social networks.

Buying Guides
  • “Works great, very compact and nice looking..” – tely
  • “The drive works perfectly with my wife’s macbook and mac Time Machine.” – George G
  • “You don’t need to buy Mac products just because you own a Mac, this will work great for you.” – Trevor J. Flannigan

WD My Passport for Mac 500GB Portable External Hard Drive Storage USB 3.0 (WDBLUZ5000ASL-NESN)
Western Digital

My Passport for Mac features an ultra-fast USB 3.0 interface for blazing fast transfer rates. This sleek, portable drive is compatible with Apple Time Machine and is an ideal companion to your MacBook or MacBook Air.

Reviews
  • “Works great with my apple items and is very easy to use and set-up to my base station as well.” – Joshua Saenz
  • “Will be buying one for my husband.” – Discerning Mom
  • “If you’re a Mac user, this drive comes formatted in HFS, so it’ll work for your right out of the box, no problems.” – maxmasa31

WD My Passport for Mac 500GB Portable External Hard Drive Storage USB 3.0
Western Digital

Windows 8 offers even more ways to customize your Touch Mouse, with a new set of gesture setting options. Enjoy the exclusive natural, fluid, and intuitive multitouch gestures made for Windows 8 or Windows 7.

Consumer Guide
  • “Love this one, very easy to use and works great.” – chris213
  • “It works perfectly as my Mac Time Machine Backup.” – H. Angle
  • “A lot of storage space for those of us who hord music and video files.” – Ryan J. Schulte

Seagate Slim 500 GB USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive for Mac (STCF500102)
Seagate

The Seagate® Slim for Mac® portable drive features Seagate Dashboard for consumers who want to back up their digital lives and take it on-the-go. Just slightly thicker than an iPhone®, the metal design allows you to slide the drive into your pocket, purse or briefcase and carry it with you.

Expert Advice
  • “The drive is super small and looks very well built.” – Landon Dodd
  • “Sleek and thin, it fits nicely in the pocket of my jeans.” – N. Krumpe
  • “I would definitely buy one of these in the future if I needed another external drive.” – Samuel Dylan Hrncir

Seagate Backup Plus 500 GB USB 2.0 Portable External Hard Drive for Mac STBW500100
Seagate

The Seagate Backup Plus for Mac portable external hard drive simplifies backup for consumers who want to protect their entire digital life locally or on social networks.

Buyers Guide
  • “Works great, very compact and nice looking..” – tely
  • “The drive works perfectly with my wife’s macbook and mac Time Machine.” – George G
  • “I think I’ll be buying Seagate drives for my future external drive backups.” – Dr Cathy Goodwin

Seagate Backup Plus 3 TB USB 3.0 Desktop External Hard Drive (STCA3000101)
Seagate

The Seagate Backup Plus desktop external hard drive simplifies backup for consumers who want to protect their entire digital life locally, in the cloud or from social networks.

Consumer Reports
  • “It comes with the “Seagate Dashboard” backup software on the drive, which is easy to install and set up.” – Koala1356
  • “I bought the 4TB drive to back up and store my video,music and photo files and it has worked great.” – Jerry
  • “I purchased this drive and had issues with it, spoke with Seagate tech support online, drive still didn’t work, so I posted a one-star review for this drive.” – D. Berninger

WD My Book Studio 3 TB FireWire 800 External Hard Drive
Western Digital

WD’s My Book Studio is the high performance, premium design external hard drive for your Mac backup and storage needs.

Product Ratings
  • “It’s a good drive and very very quiet.” – mark hepburn
  • “It seems that you have a 90% chance of being happy with any drive you buy, and a 10% chance you will never buy that particular brand again.” – Chris McCreevey
  • “I have been using this as a Time Machine backup to my iMac, and it works flawlessly for me.” – A. Wigfield

WD My Passport Studio 1TB Mac Portable External Hard Drive Storage FireWire(WDBGJA0010BBK-NESN)
Western Digital

My Passport Studio comes standard with two super fast FireWire 800 ports, massive capacity, password protection, and a MacBook inspired metal enclosure that makes this drive the ideal companion for Mac professionals.

External Hard Drives for MacBook Pro Reviews
  • “This drive looks great and is solidly built.” – Cowboy Bill
  • “This is a metal case with a nice satin finish.” – Bill
  • “If you just need 1TB of space to go, you can find other, less-expensive WD drives that will work just as well.” – Raven A. Wind

Bookmark & Share This Page

Want to find this external hard drives for macbook pro page later? Click here!

Bookmark and Share