If you do not know which exact 4tb external hard drives you are looking for, I have put together a review of 4tb external hard drives that I find is the best on the market right now.
The 4tb external hard drives shown here may not be the most inexpensive ones, but are sure to be chosen from those with good customer satisfactions.
Why are you hesitating? Read our page, choose one you like.
Great 4tb External Hard Drives
The Seagate Expansion desktop drive provides extra storage for your ever-growing collection of files. Instantly add space for more files, consolidate all of your files to a single location, or free up space on your computer’s internal drive to help improve performance.
- “Works great for media storage, video and pictures and for backing up important files.” – Bertrand A Dugal
- “I bought this hard drive about a month ago, and so far it has worked great!” – D. B. Pegalis
- “The Seagate Expansion 2TB USB 3.0 Desktop External Hard Drive is great!” – Donnie Darko
The Seagate Backup Plus desktop external hard drive simplifies backup for consumers who want to protect their entire digital life locally, in the cloud or from social networks.
- “It comes with the “Seagate Dashboard” backup software on the drive, which is easy to install and set up.” – Koala1356
- “I bought the 4TB drive to back up and store my video,music and photo files and it has worked great.” – Jerry
- “I purchased this drive and had issues with it, spoke with Seagate tech support online, drive still didn’t work, so I posted a one-star review for this drive.” – D. Berninger
My Book Desktop Storage – Complete backup and storage.Secure your precious memories on My Book desktop storage. This USB 3.
- “This is a very appropriate question given concerns raised with the prior generation of this same My Book device.” – Joe
- “Transfer speed is very quick too.” – D. Morgan
- “Now, I reformatted the WD drive (removing all its software that it came with), and I went to WD to get the Acronis software only.” – S. S.
The Seagate Backup Plus for Mac desktop drive simplifies backup for consumers who want to protect their entire digital life locally or on social networks.
- “The performance was as fast as I expected and I was very happy with the quietness of the drive.” – An Engineer
- “I really like Seagate external drive products and don’t think that you can go wrong with any of them.” – Wandering Hoosier
- “I scoured discussion forums on Seagate for hours, everyone having the same problem, but no one at Seagate seemed to have an answer, download, or a fix for the problem.” – J. Warren
Fantom Drives Gforce/3 USB 3.0 hard drives are the newest and fastest external disk drives available. With the latest generation hi-speed USB 3.
- “It is fast, reliable, and quiet.” – WFC
- “The Fantom 2TB external drive fits the bill.” – TitaniumbBob
- “I’ve had it for about 2 weeks now and so far so good.” – Rose
The d2 Quadra has got the latest connectivity with USB 3.0 and two FireWire 800 interfaces for daisy chaining, but it is still fully compatible with, eSATA 3Gb/s, USB 2.
- “Quiet and fast.” – P. Kim
- “Transfer speeds with the firewire or usb 3 connections are excellent.” – William Hocking
- “:O This is especially amazing when I consider how much less of storage I lived with in the past.” – Patrick Kelley
My Book Studio desktop hard drive features blazing fast USB 3.
- “It is very quiet and easy to use.” – Debra
- “Seems to be a well made product, would definitely buy again.” – P. Repage
- “Works seemlessly with my Mac and Time Machine.” – Dave
Touro Desk external drive provides solid add-on storage for all your photos, movies, music and documents. Stackable, with plug and play simplicity, Touro Desk comes with all the quality and reliability you expect from Hitachi.
- “If you have to go 4TB then right now this will be your best value for money option.” – Mr. G. Hill
- “The enclosure *is* plastic but solid looking and well ventilated.” – Bob Tobias
- “Yet less than a minute later, the formatting process stops and the computer doesn’t recognize the hard drive.” – Alexander J. Scaltrito
G-RAID A dual drive, professional RAID 0 storage solution with high-speed USB 3.0 and FireWire interfaces. Designed for professional content creation applications, G-RAID supports simultaneous playback of multiple layers of HDV/DVCPRO HD ProRes 422 HQ with the leading video editing applications, including Apple Final Cut Pro , AVID Media Composer and Adobe Premiere .
- “I have found G-Raid products to be very reliable for my heavy-duty work and this is a great item.” – W. M.
- “I have two of these, great primary and back-up drives for all my photography.” – Jory Vander Galien
- “The G-Raid is super quiet, goes into power savings mode when not in use, and seems to run very cool.” – S. Stallard
The Ultrastar 7K4000 is an enterprise class drive that offers the industry’s highest hard drive capacity at an enormous four terabytes of storage with 7200 RPM performance in a standard 3.
Do I deserve a thumbs up?